In Conversation with Pooja Batra
The Light of India Awards is an initiative of Remit2India, a Times Group service, to recognize excellence of Indians abroad across different fields. It emphasizes the critical role that this community has played in terms of its contribution, both to India and the world.
The Awards, in its second year now, recognized and rewarded individual excellence and exemplary achievements in the fields of Corporate, Business, Science Technology, Medicine, Literature/Journalism, Arts/Entertainment, Education and Academics.
US based Bollywood’s sensational former Miss India, Supermodel, Award winning actress and Entrepreneur, Pooja Batra had the honor to co-emcee this award ceremony that was held on June 1, 2012 in New York City. Excerpts from a conversation with Ms. Batra with Lights Camera Action.
1. LCA is thrilled to have you on our Talking Points segment. You are one of the most glamorous Bollywood actresses in the US so share with us this summer’s hot trends to follow?
Yellow Fever. Yellow is the big color for this summer. Vivid colors are very in this summer, Florals and Paisley are back again with more color combinations. Chunky jewelry is the pick too.
2. Tell us your thoughts on Remit2India awards and how was your experience?
I was not nominated for Remit2India, however am hoping to be in the years to come. I am the brand ambassador for UB Groups “Royal Challenge” this year, and as UB group was one of the sponsors, I enjoyed being a part of the show. I co-emceed the event with Sandhil Ramamurthy. It was a great evening with much talent and I was happy to be a part of it.
3. Houston based Dr. Renu Khator was one of the recipents of the Light of India Award. Did you get a chance to talk to her?
Yes, Dr. Renu Khator won both the Jury and People’s choice awards. I had the privilege of talking to her and her wonderful husband Suresh Khator. She gave a lovely acceptance speech. It was an honor to meet with her.
4. At the awards ceremony and many other international events that you have attended what has been the feedback on Bollywood and Indian cinema.
5. Lastly the secret to Pooja’s hot sexy look?
Good Genes Thank you Mom & Dad.