A Fashionable Night Out
It has been highly unusual weather for Houston, with the cool breeze creeping in alarming us for a fall fashion fiasco. The Fashion Night Out in Houston was a grand affair all over H-Town starting right here in the Galleria mall with the Simon Fashion Show on the ice-skating ring.
Houston Chronicle’s Fashion Editor Joy Sewing‘s ShopGirl Style Lounge with wine, lashes, cupcakes, and a diverse selection of designers’ display, had a high attendance. The main highlight of the lounge was of course Joy, but ladies lined up to get a lash do from local celebrity stylist Edward Sanchez and his Vanity Lounge (at West Ave) team.
Designer Chloe Dao was most certainly the most popular choice for the pick for the evening as Joy Sewing, Miya Shay, including myself opted to wear her designs for a fashionable night out.
Next stop, the West Ave block party was a super hit as the fun kicked off at Tootsies attracting hundreds of fashionistas and shopaholics and why not, when Culturemap co-sponsors an event, there’s no limit to the glamor and style. Culturemap’s Editor-in-Chief Clifford Pugh and Shelby Hodge were also spotted having a good time mixing and mingling with party goers.
- Sam & Lilli: A recently opened high end boutique for men and women in the West Ave block across from Tootsies.
- DAO Chloe DAO: In the Rice Village area. A fashionistas’ dream come true final stop, from must have fall style accessories to evening wear. The best part – it’s affordable.
- TOOTSIES: Cut the notion that the store is very expensive and not for me. Spend a Sunday with girlfriends strolling in the store and you will find some amazing deals like designer clutches for only $150 and hit the sale rack to score a party dress for just $200.
My Five Fall Fashion Must Haves:
- Get Your Leather Fix: Leather Tights or a skirt or a jacket. Leather is the look for this fall/winter.
- Bandage Dresses or Skirts: Yes they can make you look skinny (Macy’s has some fabulous collections).
- Colors: Yellow, Maroon, Ultramarine Green and Navy Blue.
- A cute black clutch for a night out: If you want, invest in a designer handbag, as it can go a long way while you pair it up with any simple look.
- The Audrey Hepburn look is always in: Furs, hats and gloves.
Let’s Fall in Style!
Photos by Sandeep Khandelwal
[galleryview id=169 showPanels=true showCaptions=true showFilmstrip=true panelWidth=565 panelHeight=520 panelScale=nocrop transitionSpeed=800 transitionInterval=0 fadePanels=true overlayPosition=top overlayOpacity=0.2 frameWidth=60 frameHeight=60 filmstripPosition=bottom pointerSize=6 frameScale=crop frameGap=5 frameOpacity=0.3 easingValue=swing navTheme=dark startFrame=1 pauseOnHover=true]