Houstonia Celebrates Derby For Holly Rose Ribbon Foundation
Houstonia Magazine and Holly Rose Ribbon Foundation hosted the Mint Juleps and Jodhpurs: A Kentucky Derby Viewing Party on Saturday May 3 at the Houstonia Headquaters in the Heights. It was the perfect afternoon for our social butterflies to adorn pretty frocks and hats bringing in English looks for the derby season and supporting a noble cause.
Houstonia Publisher, Diane Caplan in spite of a sprained back (thus the flats) looked beautiful and was spotted working hard for the cause. At the Holly Rose Ribbon Foundation the mission is to better serve those in need who cannot afford reconstructive surgery after undergoing certain types of treatments for cancer. The primary focus is for breast cancer survivors but they also help those affected by colon, liver, prostate, and brain cancer.
The goal is to strive towards excellence in the treatment for women, men and children. Founders Dr. Franklin Rose, Houston’s renowned plastic surgeon and his beautiful wife Cindi Harwood Rose, popularly known as world’s premier silhouette artist dedicated the foundation to Cindi’s beloved sister, Holly Harwood Skolkin, who battled breast cancer. Holly lost her fight, but Cindi and her plastic surgeon husband created The Holly Rose Ribbon Foundation and since vowed to help the families and individuals ravaged by cancer.
It was certainly a party not to be missed with endless servings of tasty bites and cocktails galore, ladies and gentlemen were all smiles having a fun relaxed afternoon. Guests had plenty of auction items to bid on with a bountiful raffle package. Lights Camera Action Houston Society News set their eyes on who wore what! Gabriela Dror’s Hats were certainly a winner at this Houston’s hat themed affair, along with many English designer names. Spotted looking fashionable and chic were: Varda Yerouham Dror, Debbie Festari and Laura Max Nelson sported the maxi dress, Lauren Freeman, Mandy Kao in Gabriela Dror pruple hat, Karina Barbieri, Leisa Holland-Nelson, Patti Murphy, Ben Harwood Rose, Mingchu Yan, Katya Dow, Courtney Zubowski, and many others. This was a tough call for sure, but here are Our TOP FIVE favorite picks:
- Alex Blair wearing English Designer Ted Baker and floral frock hat by Peter Bettley from London.
- Connie Kwan Wong in all red, flaunting a fabulous Gabriela Dror red fascinator and a dress from France.
- Cindi Rose wore a hat she got from England along with her mauve dress.
- Donae Chramosta’s dress was from her favorite boutique in Vail, Due by Luca Bruno, hat is from Harvey Nichols, and a Hermes clutch.
- Carlos Barbieri, (who also won the Best Dressed Gentlemen Title) was wearing a shirt from Festari For Men on Post Oak Blvd, Blazer from Hugo Boss, trousers by JB Britches and the hat an original of Panama City.